Kingdom Direct Food Delivery
How it works
- The webstore is "live" and open for ordering on Fridays from Noon - 8pm only
- Select between delivery/pickup at checkout
- Wednesday Evening Pickup: No order minimum or delivery fee
- Delivery: $50 order minimum & $10 flat delivery fee
- NEK receives delivery Thursday
- Burlington Area Zone A (Blue) receives delivery Thursday
- Burlington Area Zone B (Yellow) receives delivery Friday
We are currently offering delivery to the shaded areas in the map above.
NEK Zone (Albany, Barton, Coventry, Craftsbury, Derby, Irasburg, Greensboro, Newport) receives delivery Thursday
Burlington Area Zone A in Blue (Burlington, Charlotte, Shelburne) receives delivery Thursday
Burlington Area Zone B in Yellow (Colchester, Essex, South Burlington, Williston, Winooski) receives delivery Friday.
- There is a text box in the shopping cart for you to indicate any specific delivery instruction (front porch, back door, garage, etc.)
- We cannot guarantee a specific delivery time
- You will receive an email as soon as the order has been delivered.
- If there is any chance that you will not be home to receive the order (or if you won't see an email notification in a timely manner) you must have a clean cooler waiting outside the door due to the perishable nature of milk, cheese, eggs, and prepared foods.
- If you do not live in the delivery area or simply want to save $10 and go for a drive, you have the option of picking up your order on Wednesday from 5:30-6:30PM at our kitchen space in Glover. Anyone is welcome to place an order for pickup, and there is no order minimum.
- The address is 316 Dry Pond Rd. (Rt 16) in Glover 05839
- A log cabin-looking building with a sign out front that reads "Runaway Cafe"
- No not go to the address that come up when you do a search for Ardelia Farm, as that will take you to our home, and your order will not be there.
- We have previously been placing labeled bags outside on tables for quick and easy retrieval. But because warmer weather has finally arrived, we will no longer be doing pickups in this way. All refrigerated and frozen items will refrigerated or frozen until you arrive, and your order will be quickly and efficiently packed when you arrive.
- In order to do this safely, we have a system in place for contactless pickup. You will pull into the parking lot and wait in your car. A member of our team will poke our heads out and get your name. We will then run back inside to gather our order, then bring it out and place it on a sanitized stainless steel table for you to retrieve. It'll just be a matter of everyone waiting their turn.
Safety & Sanitation Protocol
- Health and safety is our top priority right now, so rest assured that we are taking absolutely every precaution, with strict adherence to the most up-to-date food safety guidelines outlined by the CDC, the FDA, and the Vermont Department of Agriculture, Food & Markets.
- According to the CDC: "There is currently no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food". Even so, we are taking this very seriously.
- All prepared foods are produced in our licensed commercial kitchen space, which is not shared with anyone or open to the public.
- As ingredients are delivered to our kitchen, they are left outside, and every item is sanitized before it enters.
- The kitchen is spotlessly clean (we received a 100/100 at our most recent surprise inspection by the Vermont Department of Health); all handles, knobs, surfaces are sanitized regularly throughout the day
- Single-use gloves are used through every step of the process, and changed between each task.
- Our delivery drivers will not come into contact with anyone on delivery day. If we need to open a cooler or porch door to leave a delivery, or stop to fill the car with gas, single-use disposable gloves will be worn.
- Thomas and his kitchen crew have been practicing extreme social distancing, and are feeling healthy and fabulous. All food production will be immediately stopped at the first sign of any possible symptoms.