Perfect Beef Tenderloin
As you already know, beef tenderloin (aka filet mignon) is exquisite. Lean and tender, this beef tenderloin steak will truly melt-in-your mouth. It will make any meal into a very special occasion.
Because it is so lean, tenderloin is best served medium rare. To make this gorgeous steak, all you need is a cast iron pan, salt and pepper, and some butter.
- Bring steak to room temperature and season liberally with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat a knob of butter in your cast iron over high heat (sautéing in butter is often not recommended because of butter's low smoking point and tendency to burn; but because these cook up so quickly, it's a-ok).
- Add the steak and sear undisturbed for 2 minutes, flip and give it two minutes more.
- Stick the pan in the oven until the internal temperature of the steaks is at 125º (2-5 moments). Mine were in there for just under 3.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with the flavorful butter from the pan to serve. I served mine with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Get ready for a very special treat.